Thursday, October 03, 2013
I had these two hamsters, I named them Marc and Jacobs (lol). They share a complicated relationship. They were born on 6 March 2012, so technically they're siblings. I mistook them both as male initially, thus I put them in the same cage. These 2 hamsters seemed especially close, they attempted running away from the cage together (and succeeded) twice, and I would sometimes notice them doing cute little actions like stacking on each other (only cute for hamsters though). Guess what, 3 months later they surprised me with 5 baby hamsters. Turned out that Jacobs was actually a female hamster. So... They're kinda lovers too... Not just siblings... Right? Haha.
I separated them into two cages after that to prevent them from reproducing again. The cute thing was that they'd climb up at the side of their cages to "talk" to each other even after that. I've got no idea if they actually recognised each other, but I remembered reading that hamsters have really bad memory so they shouldnt be able to recognise each other.
Marc fell ill earlier this year, it developed a tumour at his belly area. As hamsters are really small animals with short life span, it was useless to bring them to a vet when there's a tumour, cos doing an operation on them wasnt quite feasible anyway. I watched his tumour grow bigger and him getting weaker by the weeks.
Last Sunday, Marc and Jacobs both died in the morning. It caught me by surprise as Jacobs seemed fine all along and it's too coincidental that both of them died together. It's sweet, yet a little creepy. What's even creepier was that I actually had a dream of the two hamsters kissing when I let them both out of their cages earlier that day. They all happened too coincidentally. It's... Weird.
RIP Marc and Jacobs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment