Hi! So after 2 weeks of job hunting, spending $32386524 on transport fare and stuff, Xinyi is employed! Hahaha. To the second company tt I applied for =.=lll So I actually went one big round of job hunting to settle down on something that I interviewed for right at the start.
Okay before I explain why did I end up with tt job, I shall share about my Black Friday. It actually isnt that bad~
I've gt no idea why I received so damn many calls tdy. Maybe cos I gt too despo I spammed too many job applications these days. Maybe cos the employers gt too enthu tdy and all decide to respond to my applications tdy. I was supposed to go for only 1 interview tdy, bt I ended up visiting 4 places :/
I received a call at ard 1110am tdy telling me tt they're from some idk what thing I thought I heard "tuition" and they told me the pay was $1450 per month my eyes lit up immediately I was so shocked, wth u serious tt's a frigging gd deal. And I asked if I needed an interview and fixed a time at 1230pm cos I've alr fixed other interviews later in the day.
So I kinda rushed like mad to get out of my house, and while changing this agent from some agency (it shall be kept private) called me and bargained with me bout some job offer which pays $6.50 per hr and she kept bargaining and bargaining despite my umpteen rejection I was kinda pissed I so wanted to hang up on her bt I decided nt to and she talked for like 15mins or so and finally ended the call. And to my horror it was alr 1145am I'm nt done with changing my clothes and bag and tying my hair I. Felt. So. Doomed. What if the $1450 deal doesnt want me anymore cos I've created a frigging bad first impression for being late for my interview. So I rushed and rushed and was ready to leave my house and to my horror again I could nt find my keys!! I was like "Omg shit how how how I cant leave my house like tt should I forgo my $1450 deal omggggggggg" I couldnt find the spare house keys and I was seriously panicking like mad I ran up and down my house I rummaged through my room many many times I took out all the contents of my bags bt I still couldnt find my bloody keys I was panic struck. And guess what, I opened the door and realised tt the gate wasnt locked so I could actually leave the house without the keys. I told my dad tt bout it and he told me to just lock the gate and dont lock the door so ya I did tt. Bt still, I was late it was alr 1205pm bloody hell~
I gt down to the bus stop and thankfully saw a cab, ran across the road and flagged it. "Uncle, (address)" And he told me he dk hw to get thr (jaw drops). Okay nvm I've gt my phone which has GPS and I told him I could check the route for him. Bloody hell the GPS lag time + my human reaction lag time + my phail map reading skills = gg.com. I had the uncle driving me round and round, u-turning here and thr before I finally reached my destination. The supposedly 10-15min cab ride appeared to be $10+ on the meter and I was still late in the end. Awesome. Bt the uncle was kind enough to give me a nearly half price discount and charged me $6 instead, aww! (:
I was boiling inside when I realised tt I've arrived at the same exact place as I was 1 wk ago, the job which I rejected. I was like "Wth, TUITION?! Here? I thought I rejected it?!" I opened the door, stared at my interviewer and spoke in a rather polite voice, calming myself down "Err, I thought I came here before?" She asked me to sit down first as she was attending to a customer. I sat, cursing and swearing in my mind, and aft tt it all came clear. Okay it wasnt tuition, it was nutrition, nutritionpark.com. And tt person called and asked if I would accept a higher pay cos I told them tt their pay was too little. $1450, sound like a lot right, bt I had to work every day except for Fridays, which was pretty turn off for me at the moment. I told them I would think about it, bt they asked me to confirm with them by tmr morning.
My next interview was to Canon Singapore, yes, the one tt produces damn gd camera! :D I was jumping for joy when I received their call for interview I was sooooooo excited for it! I took a direct bus down and reached thr early (yay) to realise tt I forgot to print and sign the application form =.=lll Thankfully they had it thr and I filled it in on the spot. Haha. I thought the interview was pretty okay, the environment was quite likable bt the only thing was tt it was a little too far and I have sth against office wear cos I will have to buy them :/
Headed down to Orchard for my next 2 interviews, I actually feel lazy to elaborate on them bt I didnt like both job offers so ya, it was down between nutritionpark.com and Canon. I asked nutritionpark.com if I can work for only 5 days, so they offered a pay which is exactly the same as Canon, bt my off days are Wed and Sat, which I thought was even btr than Sat and Sun cos they're more spread out. So one's more convenient and I dont have to worry bout the attire cos they'll be providing me with the top and I'll just have to wear jeans, another's a company which I really really like. One could employ me immediately if I accept it by tmr morning, another may nt accept me and could only confirm with me on Monday. So, in the end I decided on the one tt's more convenient... I wonder if tt's the right choice :/
6 comments:
YAY you're employed! :)
Hualala yesssss!! Hahaha and u're the first to ever comment on my blog! Lol
FIRST MEH?!?!! I'M SO SPECIAL :D
Hahaha ya first and only! Lol oh well no one wanna comment!!
NEVERMIND I CAN FILL IT UP FOR YOU ^^
Hehe okay come come! (:
Post a Comment