So recently, I've found out that I'm becoming quieter around groups of people and appearing awkward sometimes cos I don't know how to react / kill conversations / say inappropriate things. Sometimes I don't get the jokes my friends are saying; sometimes I get laughed at for making things awkward.
I asked a friend if I'm socially awkward, and she said I am. I can't quite believe it cos it's never occurred to me that way. I decided to google what it meant by being socially awkward, and I actually found 2 of the 6 pointers (that's a third of it!) relate-able. (From http://www.peopleskillsdecoded.com/socially-awkward/)
The Lack of Conversation Flow
I think this point is the most relate-able one, I can't quite continue conversations, especially if it's with someone that I don't really know. I just don't know what to talk about. Convo killer. I realise that I sometimes don't know how to reply people to continue a conversation on the phone, unless the person is very chatty, or I'll just end the conversation halfway cos there's nothing much to talk about.
Frequently being Avoided or Ridiculed by Others
I often get laughed at for my inappropriate "contributions" to the conversations among my friends. I don't know how can I further elaborate on this but I feel like a joke sometimes.
I would like to say I'm not socially awkward cos I've never felt that way or no one has ever said that of me (till now). But sometimes, as I think and reflect, I think it might be possible...
No comments:
Post a Comment