Friday, May 08, 2015

Tinge of Emptiness

We aren't close, but we used to talk. We were never from the same class, but somehow we used to talk in secondary school. We never hung out, we were only cyber friends. Common thing back then huh?

We were MSN buddies - MSN was such a common chatting platform back then. I remember you were good at English and you help me come out with my new blog name last time, cos I decided that "crazydegurl" was too childish.

You gave me the name, "tingeofemptiness", cos I told you that I felt quite empty at that point in time. Don't know what for and why I felt that way, but I thought it was quite a profound phrase at that age. I liked it a lot. tingeofemptiness.blogspot.com. How apt is it now.

I forgot how we stopped talking. It was quite some time already, at least 6 years ago. I remember seeing you in a restaurant 4 months ago, before I flew for exchange. I could barely recognise you cos it's been awhile, but there's still this sense of familiarity. It just felt good to meet an old friend.

News spread fast. I heard you're gone. It's so sad to know that someone of my age is gone, it's really such a pity. Life is so, so fragile. Can't imagine how your close friends are feeling now if I'm already feeling this way. Hope they'll be feeling okay soon. And I hope that you're in a better place now. RIP.


No comments: