Sweet coincidence, someone's absent from sch tdy too O: Hohoho!
Ya and anw, I'm fine. Just headache in the morning and sore throat since Sat, and fever on Sat which recovered the next day.
Ya anw, I was reading Broader Perspectives during the wait in the polyclinic. The Water Issue. Came across some astonishing facts which I'd like to share.
Facts about Earth's water supply:
Water covers about two-thirds of the Earth's Surface, but that vast bounty of liquid is too salty for use. Only 2.5% of the world's water is drinkable and of that fraction, two-thirds of that is locked up in the icecaps and glaciers. Access to the remaining one-third is also limited: about 20% is located in far-flung areas and much of other 80% arrives unceremoniously via monsoons and floods at the wrong time and place. Right now, the entire human race and all other species we share the planet with have to share a dismal 0.08% of all the Earth's water.
Okay and about bottled water:
The idea of natural mineral water in a bottle that is better for our health is completely delusional.
Many bottled waters can contain up to 40% of tap water by volume, sometimes treated, sometimes not.
Lab tests of major brands have identified traces of fertiliser residue, arsenic, cleaning compounds and industrial solvents in the water.
Research shows that drinking a bottle of water has the same impact on the environment as driving a car for a kilometre.
Meeting America's demand for bottled water alone consumes enough oil to fuel a million cars for a year.
Less than 15 of the empty bottles (2-3 million tons of plastic a year) are recycled, threatening the environmental health of the earth and its inhabitants.
The other 85% is trashed, contributing to the already insurmountable mountains of garbage and litter around us, and clogging up our rivers and oceans.
Producing one litre of water will consume up to 3 times its equivalent in its manufacturing and bottling.
By volume, bottled waters costs hundreds of times more than tap water and is more expensive than oil.
In a world where hundreds of millions have no access to clean and safe drinking water, where water-related diseases account for a majority of deaths in the developing world, where water scarcity is considered one of the biggest threats to man's survival, paying for bottled water for convenience's sake is morally unconscionable.
WOW! So from today onwards, I shall minimise buying bottled drinks and try bring along my own bottle of water everywhere I go. Or maybe I shall just get bubble tea instead when I'm thirsty outside ._.
I (L) Broader Perspectives! It's the most interesting educational magazine!
Daddy sponsored 2x5 packets of instant noodles to store at home so I've gt sth to eat when I'm hungry!!!! :D :D :D 5 Tomyam, 5 Chicken abalone (: Yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Thr's durian in the fridge! I hope they dont disappear before I recover!!!!!! Durians~ PLEASE WAIT FOR MOIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
Time for tutorials! Shouldnt slack while my teammates are having physical nw ._. Bye! (:
Facts about Earth's water supply:
Water covers about two-thirds of the Earth's Surface, but that vast bounty of liquid is too salty for use. Only 2.5% of the world's water is drinkable and of that fraction, two-thirds of that is locked up in the icecaps and glaciers. Access to the remaining one-third is also limited: about 20% is located in far-flung areas and much of other 80% arrives unceremoniously via monsoons and floods at the wrong time and place. Right now, the entire human race and all other species we share the planet with have to share a dismal 0.08% of all the Earth's water.
Okay and about bottled water:
The idea of natural mineral water in a bottle that is better for our health is completely delusional.
Many bottled waters can contain up to 40% of tap water by volume, sometimes treated, sometimes not.
Lab tests of major brands have identified traces of fertiliser residue, arsenic, cleaning compounds and industrial solvents in the water.
Research shows that drinking a bottle of water has the same impact on the environment as driving a car for a kilometre.
Meeting America's demand for bottled water alone consumes enough oil to fuel a million cars for a year.
Less than 15 of the empty bottles (2-3 million tons of plastic a year) are recycled, threatening the environmental health of the earth and its inhabitants.
The other 85% is trashed, contributing to the already insurmountable mountains of garbage and litter around us, and clogging up our rivers and oceans.
Producing one litre of water will consume up to 3 times its equivalent in its manufacturing and bottling.
By volume, bottled waters costs hundreds of times more than tap water and is more expensive than oil.
In a world where hundreds of millions have no access to clean and safe drinking water, where water-related diseases account for a majority of deaths in the developing world, where water scarcity is considered one of the biggest threats to man's survival, paying for bottled water for convenience's sake is morally unconscionable.
WOW! So from today onwards, I shall minimise buying bottled drinks and try bring along my own bottle of water everywhere I go. Or maybe I shall just get bubble tea instead when I'm thirsty outside ._.
I (L) Broader Perspectives! It's the most interesting educational magazine!
Daddy sponsored 2x5 packets of instant noodles to store at home so I've gt sth to eat when I'm hungry!!!! :D :D :D 5 Tomyam, 5 Chicken abalone (: Yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Thr's durian in the fridge! I hope they dont disappear before I recover!!!!!! Durians~ PLEASE WAIT FOR MOIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
Time for tutorials! Shouldnt slack while my teammates are having physical nw ._. Bye! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment